Chapter 5 Review
Rocks and Minerals II
1. Write a definition in your own words for term
2. What is a sediment?
3. What is deposition?
4. Name the three ways that sedimentary rocks are formed.
5. How does coal form?
6. What is the most common sedimentary rock?
7. Write three interesting facts about limestone.
8. What is the difference between
9-10. Compare and contrast
. (How are the alike and how are they different).
11. What is a
12-14. What are the three main
18. How does
19-22. Name the four eras of geologic time from the oldest era to the present era.
23. Compare and contrast the terms
24-35. Describe the climate, the land, and the dominant plant or animal of each of the four eras of geologic time.