Contouring Ground Displacement II
Use the figure for Activity 12 to answer the following questions before
contouring the ground displacement data.
- Where is the center of ground displacement located? Halemaumau Crater,
the upper east rift zone, or the upper southwest rift zone? (circle one)
- Does the ground displacement pattern indicate uplift or subsidence?
- What is the maximum amount of ground displacement?
Answer the following questions after contouring the ground
- Does the pattern defined by the contours support your answer to
- Draw a line on the diagram where volcanic activity probably occurred.
- Did you have any difficulties defining the southwestern part of the