6. Metamorphic rocks-
7. Draw a diagram and describe the rock cycle-
8. Name the most common rock found on the surface of the Earth.
9-12. Name the four minerals that make up granite.
13. Describe what a property of a mineral is.
14-21. Match the following igneous terms with its corresponding definition.
14. __H__Sill a. An intrusive igneous body that runs through an existing layer of rock.
15. __ A __Dike b. A very large intrusive igneous body that is larger than 100 square miles.
16. __ B __Batholith c. An igneous rock that is formed under the surface of the Earth.
17. __ G __Laccolith d. Molten rock under the surface of the Earth.
18. __ C __Intrusive e. Molten rock on the surface of the Earth.
19. __ F __Extrusive F. An igneous rock that is formed on the surface of the Earth.
20. __ D __Magma g. A small intrusive igneous body.
21. __ E __Lava h. An intrusive igneous body that runs parallel with existing rock layers.
22- Match the following terms with its corresponding definition.
22. _ C __Metallic a. A test to determine the true color of a mineral.
23. _ F __Non-metallic b. A property that describes how a mineral breaks into flat planes.
24. __ A __Streak c. A mineral that conducts electricity.
25. __ D __Hardness d. A property of a mineral that is measured by the Mohs scale.
26. __ B __Cleavage e. A property of a mineral that measures how it reflects light.
27. __ E __Luster f. A mineral that does not conduct electricity.
28-42 Write the correct term rock or mineral after each word below.
Talc___ mineral ___
Gabbro___ rock ________
Granite__ Rock ___
Magnetite__ mineral ________
Hornblende_ mineral ___
Hematite___ mineral ________
Mica______ mineral ___
Obsidian___ Rock _____
Quartz____ mineral ___
Galena___ mineral _________
Feldspar___ mineral ______
Basalt____ Rock _____
Calcite____ mineral _____
Rhyolite___ Rock ________