Goals, Objectives and Materials
For Lesson #3
"How the Earth's Plates Move"
To help students understand the concept of plate tectonics.
- Become familiar with and be able to demonstrate the process of folding;
- Become familiar with the process of convection current movement in the asthenosphere;
- Become familiar with processes that produce convergent, divergent, and transform plate boundaries.
Other Lessons To VolcanoWorld
- One copy of Content Lesson # 3 for each student
- Four strips of foam rubber 4 inches by 30 inches and about 1 inch thick. The foam rubber should be made of different colors. These strips will represent layers (strata) in the crust of the earth. (See Hands-On lesson #3)