Goals, Objectives and Materials
For Lesson #2
"Pangaea to the Present"
To acquaint students with the concept that the Earth is a dynamic ever changing
planet. To help students to understand that the Earth's plates have been moving for millions of years and are still moving today.
The students will be able to:
- Demonstrate how the Earth's plates have moved.
- Describe the processes that cause plate movement.
- One copy of Lesson #2 Content Sheets for each student
- Two maps (Pangaea, World today) for the students to study.
- Two "World Cut Up" maps for each student pair to cut into the seven moving continental plates.
- Two pieces of blue construction paper (9 X 12) that will represent the oceans of the world.
- Colored Markers
Other Lessons To VolcanoWorld