Goals, Objectives and Materials
For Lesson #1
The Earth's Layers
To provide students with the understanding that the Earth is comprised of four layers.
The students will be able to
- Name and label the four layers of the Earth;
- Identify the main minerals that make up each layer;
- Explain how scientists formulated the idea that the Earth is comprised of four layers.
- One "Earth's Layers" disk for each computer
- Reading and Thinking Sheets for each student- See Content Lesson #1
- Hands-On materials- See Hands-On Lesson #1
- 1 apple for every four students
- 1 knife
Other Lessons To VolcanoWorld