Answer Key for Discussion and Hyperstudio Questions
Lesson 7 "Lava Flows and Pyroclasts
Thought and Discussion Questions
- What caused the death of so many people during the second eruption of Vesuvius?
- What is a pyroclastic flow?
- Describe pahoehoe and aa lava flows.
- What is a pyroclast and how do they form?
- Write a definition for the following;
1) High viscosity 2) Low viscosity
Lesson 8 "Volcanic Cones and Eruptions"
No Content Center Today!!
- Name the six eruption types and the three cone shapes.
- Describe how a:
Shield cone forms
Cinder cone forms
- Draw diagrams to represent the six eruption types.
Lesson 9 "Hot Spots-Hawaii and Yellowstone"
- What is a Hot Spot?
- How does and hot spot form?
- How does a caldera form?