- Volcano List
- Learn More
- All About Volcanoes
- Kids Only!
- Adventures and Fun
- Sitemap (Under Construction)
Write a definition for the following terms.
4. Igneous rocks-
5. Sedimentary rocks-
6. Metamorphic rocks-
7. Draw a diagram and describe the rock cycle-
8. Name the most common rock found on the surface of the
9-12. Name the four minerals that make up granite.
13. Describe what the term, property of a mineral means.
14-21. Match the following igneous terms with its corresponding definition.
14. _____Sill a. An intrusive igneous body that runs through an existing layer of rock.
15. _____Dike b. A very large intrusive igneous body that is larger than 100 square miles.
16. _____Batholith c. A type of igneous rock that is
formed under the surface of the Earth.
17. _____Laccolith d. Molten rock under the surface of the Earth.
18. _____Intrusive e. Molten rock on the surface of the Earth.
19. _____Extrusive f. A type of igneous rock that is formed on the surface of the Earth.
20. _____Magma g. A small intrusive igneous body.
21. ______Lava h. An intrusive igneous body that runs parallel with existing rock layers.
22- Match the following terms with its corresponding definition.
22. _____Metallic a. A test to determine the true color of a mineral.
23. _____Non-metallic b. A property that describes how a mineral breaks into flat planes.
24. _____Streak c. A mineral that conducts electricity.
25. _____Hardness d. A property of a mineral that is measured by the Mohs scale.
26. _____Cleavage e. A property of a mineral that measures how it reflects light.
27. _____Luster f. A mineral that does not conduct electricity.
28-42 Write the correct term
rock or mineral after each word below.