- Volcano List
- Learn More
- All About Volcanoes
- Kids Only!
- Adventures and Fun
- Sitemap (Under Construction)
Chapter 3 Review
Cones, Eruptions, and Pyroclasts
1. What is lava?
2. Name the two smallest particles of pyroclastic material.
3. Name the two largest particles of pyroclastic material.
4. What is a pyroclastic flow?
5. What is the difference between pahoehoe and aa lava flows?
6. What is the difference between high and low viscosity magma?
7. How does a lava tube form?
8. Name the two reasons that volcanic eruptions occur?
9-14. Draw the three volcanic cone shapes and label each.
15-16. What are the two most non-explosive eruption types?
17-18. What are the two most explosive eruption types?
19. What is a hot spot? Use the term mantle plume in your definition.
20. What is a caldera?
21. How does a caldera form?