Review Chapter 1
The Earth: A Dynamic Planet
- Draw two diagrams showing the folding and fault-block mountain building process.
- In your own words explain how convection currents in the mantle move the plates of the Earth.
Use the following terms to answer the questions 3-14 below.
|Collision plate boundary
||Transverse plate boundary
||Separation plate boundary
|Continental Drift Theory
- The southern continent after Pangea split apart. It became the continents of Africa, Antarctica, South America and the subcontinent of India.
- The plate boundary where two plates are moving apart creating new crust and making the oceans spread.
- This is molten rock on the surface of the Earth.
- This is the name of the supercontinent 250 million years ago.
- These are pieces of the crust that "float" and move because of the mantle's convection currents.